Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a day

I am so exhausted that I can't see straight. One child has a high fever and puked red juice and grapes all over my parents carpet. Another child has a mild fever and two teeth just breaking the gums. Of course, she doesn't want to be outdone by her brother so she's puking all over the carpet too. This is a result of her over eating everything in sight. The third child is fine, but he's warm and I have a sneaking suspicion that he might not be feeling good as well.



Some days as a mother are just hard. Just honest to goodness back breaking, exhausting work. I am covered in puke, but haven't had the energy to change and I've been scrubbing said puke out of the carpet all day. I need a break. But, I'm a mom and this is what we do. I'm sitting here typing this rant and I'm listening to my daughter cry because she's feeling ignored since I'm not holding her. I want to cry, but as soon as I look at her she breaks into a huge grin and her gap toothed smile makes me smile too.

I love my children. Yes, it's hard to have three small children. Some days are harder than others. But, everyday is filled with so much love. My pukey child only wants me to hold him and snuggle him. He hates the cold washcloths I'm using to bring down his fever, but he trusts me when I say it'll help him feel better and allows me to lay the cold cloth on him. I am so tired but I feel so loved that I will find the strength to get through this day so when I lay down tonight I will know that I did my best in caring for my sick kids.

Mother's Day is coming up and I want to remind everyone that moms are special every day. Not just on that Sunday in May. We all work so hard and I want to tell every one of you that I'm proud of you. It's not easy to be a mom. It's long hours and selfless dedication, but the rewards are great and it takes a strong woman to be a good mom. Happy early Mother's Day and happy late Earth day!

No comments:

Post a Comment